Who we are..
Home > Who we are..
Kate McKendry has 15 years’ experience of working in Medical Recruitment. Prior to settling in New Zealand with her Kiwi husband and becoming a New Zealand citizen, Kate had success in the UK medical recruitment field and, after relocating in 2008, Kate was one of the original contributors to the same company’s Australian office before taking on the role of setting up a New Zealand office. The company was sold to a large multinational in 2016.
As a Principal Partner at NZDr, Kate is back to concentrating on the niche area of medical recruitment that she enjoys and working in a specialised independent agency.
'I love living in New Zealand and New Zealand Doctor recruitment has been set up to assist professional, experienced Psychiatrists to work here and enjoy the Kiwi lifestyle.'
Kate has lived on both the North and South Islands and is now based in Auckland with her husband and 3 school age children. Having twice relocated between New Zealand and the UK, the second time with a young family, Kate has an empathetic approach to her work.
What we do..
NZDr operates in two main areas:
- Placing Consultant Psychiatrists into Permanent and Fixed Term Contracts.
- Nationwide locum placements for Consultant and MOSS Psychiatrists who have New Zealand Medical Council registration.
Why we do it..
New Zealand Doctor recruitment has been established out of a genuine desire to focus on just that: recruiting Doctors for New Zealand.
- It’s what we know.
- It’s what we like to do.
- It’s what we do best.
What this means for you..
- You will be working with an experienced team that can help with the important details including Medical Council registration, Immigration requirements and Medical Indemnity.
- An unparalleled service: as a boutique provider, our reputation is paramount and we want you to say good things about us and recommend us to friends, family and colleagues.
- As locals, the information is based on first-hand knowledge and experience: we have travelled the two islands from top to bottom and the team has lived in many of the regions around New Zealand.
- We listen and work to find the right role for you at your career stage, in the right location for you and your family
- We work with hospitals nationwide and offer impartial advice, as well as coordinating interviews, feedback and negotiations.