The Regional Personality Disorder Service (RPDS) is a small team that provides a consultation, training and supervision service to support mental health teams to improve case conceptualisation, formulation, clarity of diagnosis, and management for tangata whaiora with personality difficulties or significant distress intolerance and emotional dysregulation that impacts on their life (across the lifespan) and their significant others and whanau.
The service is seeking a motivated, forward thinker, resourceful, and enthusiastic NZ Registered Clinical Psychologist (or eligible to be registered) to join our team.
- Delivery of Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) (therapy and facilitating groups).
- High quality and evidence informed liaison, support and information to clinicians working with clients with complex needs.
- Case consultation around formulation, treatment options and planning with clinicians and other community health providers.
- Supervision – individual, team and client specific.
- Teaching on topics associated with working people experiencing high levels of distress in their lives who typically have harmful behaviour when trying to cope with intense emotions and disrupted relationships.
- Regional site visits to provide consultation and supervision.
- Group therapy.
- Individual therapy.
- Assisting with the development of Whole Service Response Plans (WSRP) for clients who need a clear plan that ensures services and the client are on the same page.
Skills & Experience
- Current NZ Registration for Clinical Psychologist
- High level of knowledge, understanding and experience working with, treating and assessing personality disorders.
- Sufficient experience in working with personality difficulties/disorders and complex presentations.
- Qualification and experience in an evidence based model for treatment of personality (e.g. DBT) is essential.
- Sufficient work experience, clinical competence and confidence to provide consultation and supervision for clinicians and other service providers (internal and external)