Why work a locum?
The reasons we hear are varied:
- To experience working in a different DHB and observe how their systems work.
- To earn additional income.
- To see areas of New Zealand.
- To help a service in need.
- For the freedom of choosing when and where to work.
Who can work as a locum?
As a general rule, to work as a locum Doctor on a daily locum rate the DHBs insist on previous New Zealand experience and Medical Council registration.
If you are an overseas Doctor with no previous experience of working in New Zealand and looking to work in New Zealand - either permanently or on a shorter term basis, please click here.
Why work via NZDr?
- We are ethical, honest and experienced. DHBs and Doctors like to work with us because of these facts.
- We listen: prefer to work on calls? prefer a certain location? have a specialist field of interest? This information is important to us so that we contact you with locum positions that are relevant to you.
- We don’t send your CV without your knowledge.
- We don’t send mailshots ad hoc.
- We are flexible and happy to call you outside of working hours if it’s easier for you to talk.
- Our accounting system offers weekly payments with automated timesheets and invoicing. Accounts and tax advice is available.
- Working via NZDr means a regular donation to the New Zealand Variety Childrens Charity.